When we first hear the term GIS, we often think of maps. Certainly, maps are the foundation of GIS. However, GIS is far more. Rather the first word that comes to mind might well be discovery. GIS’s spatial analytics unlocks hidden patterns. It reveals unseen relationships. This provides a foundation for digital transformation. As we attack the serious challenges facing utilities today - aging infrastructure and workers, climate change and competition, utilities need to think differently. They must move from an incremental approach to one of innovation. GIS is about capturing information, understanding it then sharing it broadly. Thinking differently about GIS helps utilities map their way to meeting the many challenges head on.
Attend this session and learn:
- How spatial analysis works to understand hidden patterns and relationships
- The way GIS can underpin a utility’s drive to digital transformation
- Lessons about how geospatial technology and machine learning/artificial technology work together
- How GIS leverages real-time data to enhance decision making
- To leverage GIS to advance utility asset management